- State of the Arts Newspaper
- Application forms, nomination forms, report forms and logos
- Arts in Healthcare
- Economic Development
- Governor's Arts Awards
- Grant Writing
- Poet Laureate
- Statewide Service Organizations
- Web Links
- Read articles from the State of the Arts Newspaper
- Subscribe to the State of the Arts Newspaper or update current information
Here are several useful resources about accessibility and making your office, programs and materials accessible to all Montanans.
Several useful advocacy items
Application forms for grants and services, nomination forms for programs, report forms for current grants and logos – click here
- The survey state of the arts and healthcare
- Arts in Healthcare programs around the country
- Arts and Healthcare Keynote Address for Living Art, Missoula, MT 2014
- The Arts & Healing video
Links to MAC's two blogs – our general blog and one on teaching the arts
- Montana: The Land of Creativity – The Power and Potential of Arts-Driven Economic Development in Montana
- The Economic Impact of Montana Artists
- The Role of Non-Profit Arts Organizations in Montana's Economy May 27, 2003 — Executive Summary
- The complete report is available by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please request the complete report on “The Role of Non-Profit Arts Organizations in Montana's Economy ” with your mailing address. The report is 84 pages.
- CLUSTERS OF CREATIVITY: Innovation and Growth in Montana
- US Chamber of Commerce's "Enterprising States: Creating Jobs, Economic Development and Prosperity in Challenging Times" ranks Montana first in the nation in entrepreneurship and innovation. See page 12, where it states:"While Montana's energy and mining clusters added a combined 8,400 high-paying jobs to the state since 2002, Montana's greatest source of national dominance came from the collection of arts, entertainment, recreation and visitor industries, perhaps a sign that the rest of the nation is beginning to discover the Big Sky Country."
- Montana Department of Labor Study 2012 on Artists as a part of Montana's Labor Market.
- Reports and issue briefs documenting the value of the arts in public policy from the National Governors Association's Center for Best Practices.
The Governor's Arts Awards program honors outstanding citizens and organizations in Montana whose achievements in the arts benefit all Montanans.
- You can download a short handout on grant writing basics in PDF format at this link.
- Foundation Center – Proposal Writing Short Course http://foundationcenter.org/getstarted/tutorials/shortcourse/index.html
- Check out the list of Foundations/Grants/Agencies on our web site at: http://art.mt.gov/resources/resources_weblinks4.asp#found
A list of several useful publications with a link to either download or order the material.
These statewide service organizations provide assistance and resources for individuals and organizations in Montana.
Many useful links to websites in the following categories:
- Arts Education
- Museums/Art Centers/Galleries/Institutions
- Performing Arts
- Arts Services
- State of Montana