Governor's Arts Awards Nomination Process
The process for selecting awardees goes through two phases: nomination and finalist review. Candidates must be living at the time of nomination, and previous awardees are not eligible. An individual may make more than one nomination, each with a separate nomination form. By completing a nomination form, the nominator signifies the intent to provide additional information if the candidate advances as a finalist and awardee. Nominations must be submitted through the online portal before the deadline date.
Click here for a hard copy of the nomination form.
Information required at the time of nomination includes:
- Candidate contact information
- Nominator contact information
- Narrative responses addressing the candidate's qualifications
Nominees will be vetted to identify finalists, using the following criteria:
- Not a previous recipient of a Governor's Arts Award
- Dedication to Montana
- Contribution to cultural landscape
Notification of the nomination status will be sent by April 2020. Nominations must submit additional information through an online portal by the deadline date to remain in consideration. In the event of a finalist receiving multiple nominations, nominators must collaborate on a single finalist submission.
Finalists information will include:
- Narrative responses on the finalist's achievements and impact
- Letters of recommendation
- Biography, resume, or history
- Links to support samples such as images, videos, or press articles
Finalists will be reviewed using the following criteria:
- Artistic excellence and achievement
- Ongoing contributions to the cultural community
- Worthiness of statewide recognition